Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Road Trip and a Louisville Restaurant Review

This past weekend, my mom, Jeremy, and I took a quick overnight trip to Louisville to say bye to my brother and sister-in-law, who are moving. It was Jeremy's first time to visit Kentucky and although it was quick and we will be back in August, I think we showed him a good time. This is how the trip started. Don't worry, he was lucky enough to wake up for Natalie Cole's greatest hits!

On Sunday, we went to brunch at such a wonderful place! I promise, if you live in Louisville or are visiting soon, it's a must go! It's called Village Anchor and you can visit their website here. I can honestly say it was one of the best dining experiences I've had. Sure, we sat on the patio and the weather was AMAZING...so that helped. But, this place is just fantastic! The menu had traditional items with a unique twist, the service was great, and the decor of the place was so cool! They even bring your check to you tucked inside a romance novel. However, the portions are HUGE, so you can definitely share! Here are some drool-worthy pictures of our selections-- corn beef hash, monte cristo, red velvet pancakes, and french toast.




Thanks, Louisville, for a great 24 hours. We will be back soon! In the mean time... this is what we rode home with. Do you think he was trying to tell me he was ready to get out of the car?!



No comments:

Post a Comment