Friday, June 15, 2012

St. Louis... more like St. Foodis

It's no secret that St. Louis has this plethora of amazing food at your fingertips. I am constantly amazed by the pride this city takes in fabulous restaurants, local vendors, fresh ingredients, and overall variety. You could, without a doubt, get an amazing meal for every taste your palette desires.

There are certain things that are unique to STL, which I have embraced into my life without looking back. Hey now... I'm a girl who likes to conform to my new lifestyle, especially when good food is involved! Here are some of my favorites-- try not to drool on your keyboards.


Gooey Butter Cookies. Yup...exactly what it sounds like. Butter, sugar, yellow cake, butter, gooey-ness (that's an actual ingredient), more butter, topped with powdered sugar. The first time I had a GBC, I was at work and I promise I about fell out. The overwhelming excitement was like an episode of Maury when you find out you are NOT the father.




St. Louis style pizza. Thin, crispy crust, provel cheese, and your Italian grandmother's love hugging you with every bite. I'm having a hard time not dialing IMO's delivery as we speak....

 
Scotch Eggs. These aren't STL original, but I sure as hell haven't had them until I moved here. Let me break this shit down for you....
  1. Hard boiled egg
  2. Wrapped in sausage
  3. Breaded
  4. Deep fried
  5. Dipped in honey mustard
  6. ....try not to die.
So.... who wants to go to the gym???

No comments:

Post a Comment