Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Weekend

I'm a little late with this post, but life has been busy. See, I've been in a detox program this week. Cleansing my system of hot cross buns, fun size snickers, butterfinger eggs, complex carbs, and alcohol. I hit a wall Sunday night after that fateful slice of coconut cake. I felt nauseous from all the sugar! BUT...I digress. Easter weekend was absolutely amazing and I'm lucky to have gotten to spend it with my parents and boyfriend.

The weekend started on Thursday when Jeremy came over and I cooked dinner for him and my mom. Then, Jeremy and I went to the Easter service at church Friday night, followed by pizza at one of my favorite places on the hill--Milo's. St. Louis style pizza with provel cheese has definitely been a weakness of mine since I've moved here! Here is a picture of the beautiful flowers he brought. Am I lucky, or what?!


Following a brief intermission in celebrating the resurrection of the Lord for work Saturday, we picked right back up with dinner, dying eggs, and some very special bubbly that evening. I may or may not have forgotten the "y" in Jeremy as I was writing a secret message on his egg. Whoopsie!





After breakfast Sunday morning, we went to church, took the dogs for a romp in the field, ate chips and queso, then sat on the patio at Starbucks. I couldn't think of a better day with the people I cherish the most. Although it was a little chilly, we bundled up and ate dinner on the patio. I LOVE eating outside in the spring!!


I am so thankful for what God has blessed me with so far in 2012. I am so lucky to have my family, friends, a job I love, and one VERY amazing, sweet, romantic boyfriend. And I'm sure he is thankful for a few things, like surviving a weekend in the 'burbs without getting kidnapped, forced to wear Eddie Bauer, and drive a Honda Odyssey. You're welcome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment