Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekend Fun: Beer, Horses, and 3D

This weekend was long. And tiring. Saturday was one of those day when I drug myself to my car with an achy body and a film of hairspray on my teeth and up my nose (surely that doesn't lead to early onset alzheimers, right? RIGHT?!). We have been swamped at work with bridal parties, proms, etc. Don't get me wrong, I actually love styling hair for events, but I tend to let it get to me sometimes. When doing hair for a bride, I start gearing myself up for it about 3 days before...racking my brain about the "practice" updo and making sure I remember it right, etc. I just want the whole experience to be perfect for them because it's THEIR day. After I put on their veil, shellac them with the strongest hairspray possible, and give them a squeal of "omg, you're getting MARRIED today"....I can scoot them to their next stop and...breathe. *shew* So.... aside from bridal and prom extravaganza on Saturday and Sunday, I managed to get out and have a lot of fun!

On Friday night, Jeremy and I went to forest park for Microfest. All the micro breweries were there with lots of beer to sample, which was really cool. I'm not much of a beer drinker, but I did find an apricot beer that was actually really good! Jeremy was loving life and sampling a lot more than me, but I still had a wonderful time with him. Here we are taking a pit stop in the park when we couldn't find Microfest. Let's just say that we walked off the beer before we even drank it :)

Saturday was such a long day at work, so I didn't really do much after I got home. My parents were having a Kentucky Derby party at their house, which was really well attended by the neighbors! I got home just in time for the race, and pigged out on party food. Can I please take a moment to talk about fruit pizza? The scrumptious dessert with a sugar cookie crust, and everything delightful on top? Good lord, that shit was good. Moving on... my aunt from Louisville came in town and was dying to meet Jeremy, so he came over and hung out with us. He even tried his very first mint julep!! You see, by the time he got here, my dad was on his 4th mint julep and was enjoying his job as party bartender. We all sat around and visited with each other for a while, then went outside to look at the super moon. Did you all know there was a super moon this weekend? Apparently, it's the biggest and brightest that it will be in our lifetime. I could be wrong, but whatev. Here is a picture Jeremy took with his iphone. Droid phone wouldn't have captured anything from space, fyi.

Sunday was super fun! I got off work in the afternoon, then hurried over to Jeremy's for dinner and a movie. He knows how much I love sitting on patios, so we went to Vito's near SLU campus. Although our service totes sucked, the pizza was great! I will admit that I got a little J when Jeremy told me he was eating the leftovers for dinner :) Then, we went to the Moolah to see Avengers in 3D. What a cool theatre! We got there an hour ahead of showtime (recommended), so we were able to get a couch to sit on. Fun fact, this was Jeremy's very first 3D movie in the theatre! For the first time in our relationship, I was 3008 and Jeremy was so 2000late! Kidding... but here we are in our 3D glasses, waiting for the show...


It's back to work for me tomorrow. My day off went entirely too fast, but I'm off this coming weekend. Guess what I (we, if you read my blog) have to look forward to??? Food trucks in Tower Grove this Friday!! I will have my elastic pants ready for the occasion....ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment